House in Lisbon

AboutWe provide a full-service range in several areas

Visa D7

We help our clients from all around the world obtain a D7 Visa and apply for Resident Permit in Portugal. 

Portuguese Residence Visa for foreigners living off income also known as Retirement Visa /Passive Income Visa. It also applies to freelancers and remote workers.

This residence visa allows any non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen who have a reasonable net regular passive income to apply for residency in Portugal. This income can be from pensions, transferable equity, real estate, intellectual property, or financial investment.

Previously, only people with passive income could obtain this type of visa. Active income from remote work was not eligible to apply for Visa D7. Recently the situation has changed, and the first remote workers have already submitted documents to the Portuguese Embassies in their counties.


Remote work was one of the side effects that the COVID-19 pandemic brought to us. With the Digital Nomad lifestyle many people moving between cities and even countries. As long as you have a good internet connection, you can work from virtually anywhere. Keeping up with the times Portugal has also been creating other conditions to enable the Digital Nomads, freelancers and remote workers stay in Portugal, and is seen as one of the best countries to do so. 

Portugal has developed a temporary resident permit that can be used by freelancers. This allows the holder to stay in Portugal for one year, with the possibility of renewal for successive periods of two years. At the end of these 5 years you can apply for permanent residency in Portugal.


  • Faster visa application process compared to the Golden Visa
  • Free entry and circulation in the Schengen area for the duration of the visa
  • You can live, work and study in Portugal
  • Tax benefits via Non Habitual Resident (NHR) scheme
  • Use of the Portuguese health care system
  • Spouses and children can be included in the visa


  1. Apply in your home country via Portuguese Embassy or Consulate for a temporary D7 Visa
  2. Get an appointment with SEF – Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras (Portuguese Immigration Department) in Portugal, who will deal with D7 Residency Visa. This visa allows you and your family legal residence in Portugal. You can apply for the D7 visa at the Portuguese consulate through a series of residence applications. After you have your visa, your immediate family also becomes entitled to a residence permit there under the family reunification regulations.
After five years of legal residency, you may apply for permanent residency. You can also apply to become a Portuguese National through naturalization. However, to be naturalized in Portugal you’ll have to pass a Portuguese language test.

Do you have any questions?

For more information and individual advice on obtaining a residence permit under the Golden Residence Permit program, fill out our feedback form or contact us by phone or e-mail and we will help you with any questions you might have.


Personal Service


Big experience


Committed to quality

Why choose us

Because we are work quick and effective

Because we are focused on results

Because we always find the best solutions

Because we tailor our services to your requirements